cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using "OR" Logic in DMI Metrics

genesius_jarom1
Organizer

I know "OR" can used in the Dimensions of DMI with the "|" symbol, but I need "OR" in the DMI Metric.I need a report that will show only servers that experienced "Connection Refused Errors > 10", "Server Termination Errors > 25", OR "Server Not Responding Errors > 15".

Thanks and God bless,

Genesius

2 REPLIES 2

raffaele_talari
Inactive

Hi Genesius,

I'm not aware of any way to do that directly through the DMI Report interface..but I can suggest you a workaround in order to achieve what you're looking for: create a custom metric.

In the definition of the custom metric you can use expressions, so, for instance, you can define a custom metric like the following one (PLEASE NOTE THIS IS JUST A SUGGESTION. IT'S NOT A TESTED METRIC SO PLEASE USE THE LINKS BELOW TO FIND MORE INFO ON HOW TO CREATE AND USE CUSTOM METRICS😞

CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.0.id=SERVER_CustomMetric1
CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.0.name=MyAwesomeSERVERMetricName
CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.0.description=My awesome SERVER metric description.Inthis case server that experienced conn.ref.err>10 OR server.term.err>25 OR serv.not.resp.>15
CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.0.resultType=DOUBLE
CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.0.expression= conRef]>10 OR [AppErr]>25 OR [ClntTmout]>15
CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.0.renderer=DOUBLE
CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.0.resolutions=r,1,6,d,w,m
CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.0.group=MyAwesomeMetricGroup

Here's the link

https://answers.dynatrace.com/articles/139030/crea...

there you'll also find links to the official Docs.

Hope it helps, somehow. 🙂

Ciao, Raffaele

@Raffaele Talarico

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I will look over your suggestions when I have the time. Unfortunately, we move from one fire to another, and this has been placed on the back burner for now. I will post my findings at that time.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

God bless,

Genesius