cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Values for REST API getDMIData3

yamini_dubey
Organizer

{"appId":"CVENT","viewId":"ClientView","dataSourceId":"ALL_AGGR","dimensionIds":["Appl"],"metricIds":["Avb"],"top":0,"resolution":"r","timePeriod":"m","numberOfPeriods":1,"timeBegin":null,"timeEnd":null}-currently using this API to get availability of applications . Can anyone please help me with a list of values that can be passed for resolution in above API call to get :

1. hourly data for day.

2. monthly data for a year.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

yamini_dubey
Organizer

@David A. can you help on this please.

Many Thanks.

brett_b2
Inactive

Hey Yamini,

The possible values for resolution are:

• r: one period (monitoring interval, dependent on the report server settings) = "r"

• 1: one hour = "1";

• 6: six hours = "6";

• d: one day = "d";

• w: one week = "w";

• m: one month = "m";

Have you seen my RESTful Helper which helps automate this process?

Also, you can find the documentation here.

yamini_dubey
Organizer

@Brett B

{"appId":"CVENT","viewId":"ClientView","dataSourceId":"ALL_AGGR","dimensionIds":["bgAppl"],"metricIds":["Avb"],"top":0,"resolution":"d","timePeriod":"m","numberOfPeriods":1,"timeBegin":null,"timeEnd":null} using this API call to to get daily data for a month but still fetches me just one value for entire month and not each day,as shown in picture below.

Is thete something i need to change in other parameters like- numberOfPeriods":1,"timeBegin":null,"timeEnd":null

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Hey Yamini,

Essentially, you're building a report like you would in the DMI. You should add the dimension time, change your time period to one day 'd', and then set number of periods to 30 or 31.

Let me know if that works

@Brett B. I tried doing the same still no result. The issue is same for any time period,I always get an aggregated data be it daily or monthly, I am not able to get data at granular level.

Thanks in advance

Regards.

Hey Yamini,

I was able to get this working in my environment. Here's my query string:

http://[[DCRUM_Location]]/rest/dmiquery/getDMIData3?appId=CVENT&viewId=ClientView&dimensionIds=['bgAppl','begT']&metricIds=['appHealthIdx']&resolution=d&dimFilters=[]&metricFilters=[]&sort=[['begT',DESC]]&topFilter=1000&timePeriod=30D&numberOfPeriods=1&dataSourceId=ALL_AGGR

It appears you need to change your time period to 30D instead of m

I generated this with my RESTful helper, as linked before.

Hey,

I was banging my head two days with this issue and I found the solution, so just wanted to share it here.

In order to get the granularity or the dump of metric values we need to include the ''begT'' dimension, like Brett shared:
dimensionIds=['bgAppl','begT']