cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing Stats of Recorded Traffic

Hello,

I am running 2017, and recorded traffic from RUM Console. How do I view these statistics?

If I click download, it attempts to save a s Wireshark file. I want to view this stats as I used to in 12.x.

Thanks and God bless,

Genesius

5 REPLIES 5

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Genesius,

This report in RUM Console is discontinued and in 2017 you can only see these statistics in Traffic diagnostics report.

There is no longer a way to generate such statistics base on a part of your traffic (that is a filtered trace).

But please share your business need for this feature to our Product Managers on Product Idea.

@Adam P.

Thanks for the quick response.

The stats graphic in my question is from this posting. I'm trying to find the reordered packets; I can't find that in the Traffic diagnostics report you mentioned.

Also, why have the traffic capture if there tool it can be viewed in is Wireshark (and DNA, but not if it is a very large capture - like a 10Gb DC connection)?

Thanks and God bless,

Genesius

From the CAS traffic diagnostics report a packet capture can be taken. This may be the best way to capture, view and resolve traffic quality problems in 2017.

@John L.

All that gives me is a zip file, which contains a pcap file. And this file is even smaller than the traffic capture that can be run from RUM Console (700 MB). I am looking for this one particular field (for now) called reordered packets. What 2017 report would I find that in?

Thanks and God bless,

Genesius

Reposting.

@John L.

All
that gives me is a zip file, which contains a pcap file. And this file
is even smaller than the traffic capture that can be run from RUM
Console (700 MB). I am looking for this one particular field (for now)
called reordered packets. What 2017 report would I find that in?

Thanks and God bless,

Genesius