cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have DC RUM and dynaTrace tools and i would like to know the process of fetching volumes from production and implement in pre-production(performance) environment.Could someone help on this.

smadx
Newcomer

5 REPLIES 5

thun
Advisor

Hello Srini,

could you be a little bit more precise about "volumes" you are looking for?

Would you like to create a preproduction environment for both tools and would like to get a sizing?

Best regards,
Friederike

smadx
Newcomer

Thankyou for the quick Response Friederike !!!

In the pre-production environment i need to do load test for that we need volumes(Targeted Transactions) for Key Business Transactions which should be pulled from production.For production monitoring we have both DC RUM and dynaTrace are configured by using these tools i need to prepare volumetric.

thun
Advisor

Hello Srini

do you know a little bit about both tools?

I think for dynaTrace (aka AppMon) I would go to the Dynatrace Client and identify the top used transactions (Business Transactions if defined or User Actions on the other hand). This can be done by day or any other time interval. From this you might be able to create a dashboard that will show you the number of requests and the number of users distributed over the day.

In DC RUM it is more or less the same. Identify the service of interest, drill down to the operations to identify the top used URLs (or any other type of operation) and visit the metric charts drill down to get a distribution over the day.

I think this is a very high level description but in DC RUM the Metric Charts will definitly help you.

Best regards,

Friederike

smadx
Newcomer

Thankyou Friederike.

We don't have UEM for dynaTrace so i will go with DCRUM and i will follow the steps you mentioned above.While fetching historical data i could see only last 15 days data is their any settings to modify to fetch 6 months data.If possible please share screenshot.

thun
Advisor

HEllo Srini,

it might depend on the resolution of your report here. It can be possible, that you have only 15 days of raw data available. Please try a resolution of 1 Day.

Best regards,
Friederike