cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

What Metrics Do I Need to Use for SLA's

Hello,

I have been tasked with implementing DCRUM 2017 for compliance to the Service Level Agreements (SLA) we have with our clients. What Data View(s), Dimension(s), and Metric(s) should I use in my DMI's report(s)?

For example:

Note: I need to meet and discuss with our clients to find out exactly which operation(s) will/should be used for measuring compliance with the SLA's.

But, for the sake of argument, let's use the Login operation(s) for this SLA. The SLA for an application's availability is four 9's (99.99%).

Thanks and God bless,

Genesius

1 REPLY 1

matthew_eisengr
Inactive

Genesius, I'm working on a similar project with a client of mine. For DC RUM, you can look to the out of the box alerts to see what metrics they use.

Personally, I tend to favour the availability metrics we provide as they are based on error responses and not just 'pinging' if a service port is open. So things like Network Availability, Application Availability, etc. I would also advise that you look at how specifically these metrics are configured so that you can set realistic SLA's. You referenced 99.99%... If you used App Availability, that might be a pretty steep ask for the client to maintain an application with essentially no error response codes.

As the deployment matures, you could look at Performance metrics like: Application Performance, Operation Time, Application Health Index, etc. Again, it is very important you understand how those are calculated and make sure that they are properly tuned before setting a contractual SLA.

Hope this helps and I'd be curious to see what you end up deciding on.