cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

What are and how do you define "named Operations"

tdavison2
Organizer

Hello, on the "Slow Operation Cause" Dashboard, there is a table at the bottom that states that I need to have "Named Operations" in order to drill down to the "Slow Operation Loads" report.

I can't seem to find any info on what and how to define a "named operation".

Could anyone provide me with some details on how I can configure this?

Thanks,

Tom

2 REPLIES 2

david_n
Inactive

Hello Tom,

When you define a software service you can add an operation attribute within a software service. This will allow you to define certain metrics on the operation including the slow operation load time threshold: which is the number of seconds after which an operation is considered slow.

For more information, you can check this link: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/nam/rum-console-and-configuration/amd-device-configuration/amd-configuration-software-services/user-defined-software-services/

Thanks,

David Nicholls

To follow up on what David wrote: the warning that you refer to is just a reminder that when you click on a number of slow operations you will be presented with a report with operation load details (coming from ADS 2017/ADoD 2018). Those are not reported for operations which are aggregated into "All other operations"; we count operations, including slow ones, but we don't show detailed executions of those that were aggregated.

Therefore it can happen you will see less operation loads in the target report (Operation details explorer in NAM 2018) than the number you clicked on. In the worse case scenario you will see none. It will happen if there were no operations reported by name/URL, and all were aggregated to All other operations.