cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the data retention period for DCRUM

shashi_dasi
Inactive

What is the data retention period for DCRUM ? Will it be different for different components of DCRUM like reporting servers and AMD..

Please pass reference links if any we have.

Thanks..

8 REPLIES 8

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Shashi,

Check the following link and also you can read the Administration of DCRUM for more understanding.

https://answers.dynatrace.com/questions/163535/ret...

Regards,

Babar

shashi_dasi
Inactive

Kudos Babar for being our Community Member of the Month!!

Thanks Babar,

I believe that is only for AMD data, when we talk about reporting servers then what would be the retention period. so for how long these reporting servers will store the historical data.

Regards..

Shashi

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Shashi,

The given name is AMD but basically this setting is for CAS and ADS servers to keep 5 minutes aggregated data for 10 days.

The RAW data in the AMD/Probes device stores for 8 days by default in case the report servers went down even for a long period and recovered back within 8 days so we will not lose any data because AMD will push all the data to report server whenever connected back.

Regards,

Babar

jaroslaw_orlows
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi! Babar nailed it, but let me just add that we recently improved the data retention information in the docs. Take look at Storage Period section. When you use a data view retrieving monitoring data from many sources, for some of them, you may not access as much data as you would expect looking just as the settings.

Hi Jaroslaw,

Thanks..

Checked the Storage period editor there i could see only AMD and RUM Console data. What about the CAS and ADS data retention periods, because i am under an impression that ADS would save all the historical data which it helps to do the diagnosis. But I wondered seeing the Storage editor without ADS and CAS data retention information since we have individual databases for CAS and ADS.

or AMD storage information is what the actual CAS and ADS storage information in their DB's, please clarify.

Regards..

Shashi

Shashi, the CAS can use four data sources - AMD, Enterprise Synthetic, Synthetic aka Gomes and AppMon UEM aka RUM Browser, nothing to do with RUM Console. We're not talking about the AMD data here, but the data that CAS retrieves from AMD, processes it and saves in its database. So yes, AMD storage is what CAS saves in its database.

ADS has its own storage period configuration and it differs. You need to log on to the ADS and access the Administrative Console - the same path as in the CAS https://host/DiagConsole#/sp. For the ADS we use a different categories of raw data - hits, operations and business transactions.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to store all the historic raw data.

Then how CAS differently stores data compared to ADS (like hits, operations and business transactions data)..?

The data what CAS is displaying after the analysis of raw data is it not a consolidated data view of ADS & CAS, because we always consider the CAS data to showcase or to identify the bottlenecks and other performance issues, please clarify.

Thanks.

Hello Shashi,

I attached a file of general comparison between CAS & ADS, I hope this will clear more concepts of data granularity.

dc-rum-cas-vs-ads.docx

Regards,

Babar