cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What services must be restarted in DCRUM after a license is loaded into the DLM?

matthew_eisengr
Inactive

This is a simple question around how/when the license is read in DCRUM.

I understand that it is just an xml file that gets loaded into the DLM, but my question is how and more importantly when does the CAS and AMD load that license.xml file.

Is it at every poll? On a service start? Something else I haven't mentioned?

4 REPLIES 4

Hello
@Matthew Eisengruber,

You can either restart the CAS service or reload the licenses using the console, diagnostic->console. You can also go to the AMD and type

rcmd show licenses

to check whether the license has been loaded to the AMD and ready for use. Let me know if you are in DCRUM 12.2, since I had to do an entire machine reboot for the license to be recognized by the CAS and AMD. One thing Matt, I have also seen the RUM console wait at least 10 minutes to reflect the license shown with the above command.

The AMD uses the
RTMGate service

to pull licenses from the CAS/ADS. Please let me know if this answers your question Matt

brett_b2
Inactive

Hey Matt,

After performing reload licenses, you can navigate to Help -> Product Information -> About to verify the new license was loaded successfully. There have been times where I've had to use atscon->console->Reload Licenses 3 times in succession to have it actually update.

Good to see I'm not the only one clicking reload licenses again and again.

nva_dt
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Also, it's recommended to restart the primary node of each farm, as the primary CAS is supposed to distribute the licenses across. Is that correct?