cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

What will happen if AMD does not meet minimum hardware requirement

hingnien_too
Participant

Hi there,

I'm planning an upgrade from DCRUM 2017 to NAM 2018, and they are using component based-license. According to their current traffic size, the NAM probe should be at least 600GB in storage.

May I know if there is any foreseeable impact/roadblock if we insist to proceed to upgrade the NAM probe even the probe do not have 600GB in size? (For example: 550GB).

As from my previous experience, CAS installation would not proceed if storage does not meet the minimum hardware requirement.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello @Hing Nien T.

The following link is just for the recommendations. Therefore, you should not have any issues during migration/up-gradation. NAM Probe is capable of achieving processing throughput of up to 0.5, 5, and 20 Gbps of the transactional TCP analysis, on the hardware meeting or exceeding the following specifications.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/nam/installation/hardware-recommendations/high-speed-amd-hardw...

Can the NAM Probe be installed on lower-spec hardware?

Yes. However, real analysis throughout such lower-spec hardware has to be determined empirically in your environment, for your specific application analysis configuration.

The NAM Server platform should meet or exceed the following requirements:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/nam/installation/hardware-recommendations/report-server-rum-co...

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Thanks for your response. The term "empirically" doesn't provide any guarantees but I will acknowledge it anyways. May I know if you have personally deal with such situation before?

-Fred

Hello @Hing Nien T.

I faced similar like you, only for the reporting servers in the past, for example, CAS and ADS, but never faced any resources related issue in regards to AMDs.

Regards,

Babar

Thanks @Babar Q. for your insight. Appreciate it a lot.