cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I delete users in the CSS why are they not removed from CAS user view.

bob_zins
Helper

I deleted about 100 users that have not logged in for over a year from the CSS. When I look at the user view in the CAS, the users I deleted are still visible along with their report rights. Is there a way to sync up the two databases, and get the CAS to drop the users I deleted? The issue with the CAS not dropping those users is, if one of them logs back in they will get access to reports I no longer what them to have access too.

2 REPLIES 2

dean_camenzuli
Dynatrace Participant
Dynatrace Participant

Hi Bob,

Has the CAS service been restarted since the users were removed from the CSS? I haven't come across this issue, but I have seen instances where items are removed from other components and the CAS still displays them until after a restart.

Saying this, the users should not be able to log in if they have been removed from the CSS, as that's where the CAS gets login information. The report access being visible does not necessarily mean they can log in. If any are around, or there is a test account, it might be worth trying to make sure this is the case, and they can't log in.

Hope that helps!

bob_zins
Helper

I restarted the CAS and now the user list match. Thanks for the reccemendation.