cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Where RUM console alert notification store?

sylvian_lam1
Organizer

Hi All,

I'd like to know where the alert notification store and how it co-related to alert rules.

In my 12.4.10 env, I've created alert rules (more than 20) and enable notifications, I received alerts via email and everything seems ok. However, some days later, I didn't receive any alert so go back to RUM console to verify the rules. I found that alert rules were there but all alert notifications were set to "none". I wonder how can I backup such alert notification configuration and how to avoid this happen again?

Thx

Sylvian

3 REPLIES 3

sid_govindu
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Upgrading to 12.4.10 removed all recepients (including scripts) from alerts at a customer of mine, it was too late to collect logs etc for labs to investigate. Luckily they only had 3 recepients so it was easy to add them back in.

Would be good if you could grab DiagExport and open a ticket.

avner_san2
Inactive

In a previous update from the customer (from 12.3.3 to 12.4.6) I had the same issue, and all alert notifications was erased.

Yesterday I had another update from the environment (from 12.4.6 to 12.4.10) and I was concerned about to have this issue again. Luckly, after update, all alert notifications stayed configured, but before the migration I searched everywhere in the CAS and RUM Console folders to find where it was stored. In one ticket from previous versions (12.2), I saw that it is stored in database (not sure if it remains in the new versions), however, I found a folder in the CAS that has the notification configuration from my alerts in a .json file.

The folder is <CAS installation folder>\config\alertNotifications.

I did a backup from the folder before the migration, and if I had any issues, I was intended to check this folder again and check if the files were cleanup or modified, and was going to replace it.

As I did not had the issue, I couldn't test this and check if it is really the configuration files or it is only historical data kept to show in RUM Console when you check the history of configurations.

Anyway, I think it is worth to try backup this folder in the next updates. At least, in the worst case, you will won't need to remember all the configurations by yourself, once the file will have the information... 🙂

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Anver,

Thank you for this useful information.

I am in the process to migrate from 12.3 to 12.4 and we have number of alerts configured for the many groups, so without your shared information the migration can put me in the hell 🙂

Once again thank you to save many DCRUM gurus repotaiton.

Regards,

Babar