cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Where do messages from alert propagation settings appear?

Radu
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Community,

Can anyone explain where are we supposed to see the messages that we set in the propagation settings? For example, "cancel after x intervals where conditions are not met and set the following message xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" or messages for alert getting aborted due to x minutes passing since, etc.

I am looking at the alert log where I can see entries, but they all have just the body of the notification which is sent via email to recipients. The text set in the propagation settings is not present.

Thanks in advance,

Radu

2 REPLIES 2

david_n
Inactive

Hello Radu,

I assume that you are referring to the annotations mentioned in the propagation settings. According to this note, they should be added at the end of the alert message like you said:

"Some of these options, when selected, allow you to define an annotation, which is additional text to be appended to the alert basic message. An annotation is propagation-specific, which means that the annotation for an alert cancellation can be different from the annotation for an alert re-issue."

I would check an actual alert email to see if they are only appended to the end there and not in the logs. If not, then I would reach out to support for assistance.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DCRUMDOC/Modifying+alert+propagation+settings

Thanks,

David Nicholls

Thanks, David. That's how I imagined it would work as well. I might need a support ticket for it.