cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to put userlocmap.properties file for User Location mapping

matt_lewis
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hey, I am trying to map some user names to particular sites using the userlocmap.properties file.  In the CAS Advanced Properties Editor, the entry for this shows:

PropertyProperty NameProperty ValueProperty Default ValueComment
Client name to Site map fileMAP_UserLocation-mapuserlocmap.properties userlocmap.properties  

By default, this file is not included in the installation and should be created by the administrator.
The format of record is: client_name=site,area,region Restart is Required

The problem is that the entry does not specify where to place this file.  I'm assuming that I can put this somewhere in the CAS install directory, but I want to be sure where it needs to go, as I do not want to keep re-starting the customer's CAS server trying to find the correct location.  I have searched for reference to this in the DCRUM_Admin, DCRUM_CASInstall, and DCRUM_CASUserGuide documents, but I can't seem to find any reference to this file or property name.

Also, in the userlocmap.properties file, I am using the format:

userlocmap.properties
mlewis=Clandeboye,Canterbury,New Zealand
gwilki=Napier,Hawkes Bay,New Zealand

Is it ok to have spaces in the location names in this file?

Any help from someone who has used this successfully before would be much appreciated.

Thanks, 

-Matt

2 REPLIES 2

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

The file should be placed in \config\ sub directory of CAS, so by default it would be: C:\Program Files\Compuware\CAS\config\userlocmap.properties.

Spaces are not a problem as comas separate the fields.

Adam-

Thanks for your input!  As always, you are a wealth of knowlegde