cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is DC RUM showing used ciphers in hex instead of text?

bart_engels
Participant

One of the nice new features from the HS AMD is the ability to show what decode is being used by each software service. however, in the screenshot of the release notes it's displayed different compared to my own AMD.

For some reason it is showing the ciphers in hex format instead of the better readable text format:

In the screenshot you can see module 0xc013 but I was expecting it would say TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA.

Anybody else experiencing the same and is this a configuration setting?

Thanks,
Bart

5 REPLIES 5

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

It sounds like older AMD that just does not know the name ...

What's you AMD version? 12.4.10.287?

The AMD is running version 12.4.11.124.

For some ciphers it's displaying the name like TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA and TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA but for others like 0xc013 and 0xc027 it's showing the hex value.

See screenshot for the overview

cipherswithoutsws.png

As you're on latest code I would suggest support ticket with ExportConfig.zip, including AMD data files and traffic capture for this SS. No private keys needed.

bart_engels
Participant

I've asked my Dynatrace Guardian to provide the required information and create a ticket with support.

anton_laurila
Advisor

Hi Bart,

The support has confirmed that not all ciphers are currently supported in the latest release version of DCRUM and that the list of supported ciphers will be extended in the next major release. This release is currently planned to come out during Spring 2017.