cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

alert when no data from monitoring source

sylvian_lam1
Organizer

Hi All,

Happy New Year.

I saw a similar thread in Synthetic Monitoring forum regarding alert when no data collected.

But since my CAS is collecting data from 4 data sources: AMD, ESM, APMaaS and AppMon, I wonder if there is any workaround to generate alert when no performance data from any of the data source.

Sometimes ESM robots screen was locked and no transaction being run, I won't received any alert because the ESM window services still running. Same situation apply to AMD and other data sources.

Kindly share with me if you have any ideas or anything is missing.

Thanks a lot.

Sylvian

2 REPLIES 2

ulf_thornander3
Inactive

Hallo Sylvian!

This might be what you are looking for:

Specify whether an additional alert should be raised if no traffic data is observed.

Typical alerts are triggered by activity in data files located on the AMD. However, if no traffic data is observed or analyzed, and no data is sent to the report server, the alert cannot be triggered. The Treat no data as zero (0) option allows for that specific alert to be raised when no traffic data at all is observed for the monitored software service, server, or site.

Note:

Icon

• If DC RUM becomes inoperative and no monitored traffic data is generated, the alert will not be raised because the performance alert processing is triggered by incoming new monitored traffic data.
  • Citrix performance alerts support the Treat no data as zero (0) option only for the Number of sessions and Number of active user sessions metrics.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DCRUM124/Configuring+optional+alert+detector+setti...

sylvian_lam1
Organizer

Thanks Ulf.

Just configured and see how it goes.

Cheers,

Sylvian