cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy and paste an operation especially SQL query

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello,

Can anyone guide that how we can copy and operation details especially SQL select statements etc...

Regads,

Babar

11 REPLIES 11

ulf_thornander3
Inactive

Hi Babar!

What is it you want to do and where?

Also - on what release?

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hi Ulf,

I wanted to send some slowest queries to a DBA.

We are use following CAS version:

Product Name: Central Analysis Server
Version: 12.3.4.18

Regards,

Babar

ulf_thornander3
Inactive

Hi @Babar Qayyum

If your are less used to tailor your own DMI, you can always start in "Reports - RUM Analysis - Top N View"

There in the left column, you have Three reports that are generic. If you have the proper rights, you will see a small cogwheel in the upper right corner of each table. Click on this and select "Edit Section". In there you have soemthing called "Dimensions". Pick the one saying "Analyzer" by clicking on the funnel in the "Filters" column. In the pop up box, type "TDS" and press "set" and then select TDS and move it across. Press OK and then in the upper right corenr of your screen "Display report"

Now you will have a nice report with the top 10 SQL requests. Repeat the procedure for the other tables you are interested in.

Finally - In the top right corner of your screen you shold have a button saying "Actions" that will help you to get the report to your DBA 🙂

PS. Don't save the report straight off as it is one of the built in and will be over written at next patch. If the report is good - save it under another name "Babar's SQL report" and schedule it to be run once every week to keep the DBA's busy 🙂

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hi Ulf,

Thank you for the step by step information to generate a report.

In the above generated report I can see only the some part of operation (query).

Basically I was looking to copy a whole operation (query) of SQL SELECT statement.

I found another way to get a full length of query.

1. Click on any required operation (query) from the software services.

2. Click on right side show options button.

3. Click on the export data.

4. In the new explorer tab we will see the full query and some other details.

Again thank you for your reply and suggestion.

Regards,

Babar

To save you some time, create the DMI and schedule it.

Please noitce it uses 3 different categories for the 3 different tables - they all apply.

If you store the reports you (or the DBA) can also report on continous improvement!

Thank you Ulf for the more suggestions.

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Babar,

You can change the DMI configuration to show the entire request directrtly in the report.

Edit the DMI report and change the config on the menu "Result Display":

Change the configuration of the custom attributes for the dimension = Operation

Maximum lenght = 2000

Wrap = Yes

Regards,

JLL

Hello Jean,

This was the exact information I was looking for.

Now we can generate the report of slowest operations with the full length of operations (queries).

Regards,

Babar

One thing to be careful of here is that the CAS truncates SQL queries. If you wish to report full SQL queries hen you need an ADS.

Also bear in mind that you Query Normalization settings can also cut your queries depending on the settings. More info can be found here https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DCRUM123/SQL+Query+Normalization

As for copying them. If you export the data to CSV from a report it will contain the full query/url.

You may find this a simpler way.

Regards

Alasdair

Hello Alasdair,

We have an ADS in our environment.

Unfortunately the provided link is not working.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar

Sorry the link got truncated. It should be correct above now but here it is again

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DCRUM123/SQL+Query+Normalization

It is good news that you have an ADS. If you want to see the full queries you need to enable the report full queries option in your global AMD settings.

You can then view the full queries in your ADS by selecting the operations element data view and the dimension Query text (raw).

Now from memory I think there is also an AMD limit of the first 1024 bytes that be configured in the rtm.config. I would have to check that this limit still exist in the latest release.

Regards

Alasdair