cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data transferred from server truncated

We have a report tracking number of users seen coming in over the VPN subnets however when graphing this data (tallying all the client ip addresses ie alot) we are receiving the below message with the 1 period data. This is leading to some strange looking graphing and in the short term have started using 1 hour resolution to avoid. It is currently only being seen with one of our CAS nodes (not primary) Is there any way to increase or disable this type of truncating? Would this be a setting on our DB's temp table that is causing this?

"Data transferred from server database defualt DB has been truncated. Temporary table extends 100000 rows"

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Hi William

I believe this limit is controlled by the property "DMI_AGGR_ROWS_TO_SEND" in file "fe_params-rtm.properties" . This will be in the config folder in your CAS installation directory.

Be careful when increasing this setting though as if you exhaust the CAS RAM by polling too much data it is likely to crash.

Regards

Alasdair

chris_v
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

If don't need the actual users one by one, there's the Unique Users or Unique Client IP metric to give you the total number in 1 record, not thousands.

didier-externe_
Inactive

Hello

I have a similar problem, with the warning message :

Data transferred from server CAS secondary database default DB has been truncated. Temporary table extends 20000 rows

Did someone try to modify the property ? Did it work ?

My config : DCRUM 12.4.13, 2 CAS Web in cluster mode

Didier.