cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dcrum - metric chart warning message "cannot get data from cas"

jwarren
Participant

We have a warning message on our metric charts saying "cannot get data from cas" but there is in fact what appears to be current data showing.

What does this warning mean?

Is there a list of warning messages anywhere?

The documentation has the same irrelevant information repeated in six different docs.

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

raffaele_talari
Inactive

Hi Jc,

Have you already checked the System Status? Do you find the same warning message?

Ciao, Raffaele

david_alonso
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

and...Do you have some kind of cluster or farm and you are using the all ggregated view?

jwarren
Participant

We only have a single CAS and an ADS which are in a Farm configuration; no cluster.

System Status shows an "auth. error" for our CAS and ADS servers but I'm not sure if that's because of our intermittent problem connecting to LDAP at logon or something else.

Report data seems current so the message about not getting data from the CAS is confusing.

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Jc,

First of all please make sure that credentials used for CASes/ADSes in RUM Console are correct.

Nothing has changed in our environment so I'm not sure which credentials you're referring to.

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

What are exact versions of both report servers?

CAS = 12.3.3.29
ADS = 12.3.3.16

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Please verify if there is only ADS listed on CAS -> Settings -> Report Settings -> Report Data Servers or some other servers/leftovers are listed.

The only servers/devices listed are the only ones we've ever had in our environment; AMD, CAS, ADS.

A related question: does the report access account have to be a domain account or can it be a local account?

Thanks for your help!

CAS -> Settings -> Report Settings -> Report Data Servers screen can contain only report servers.

Can you share a screenshot of this configuration screen?

You can use any account that allows you to log in to particular component.

This is the configuration I inherited and has been in effect for the past couple of years, as far as I know.

And what is the IP address of the CAS the screenshot is coming from?

172.23.244.59?

Yes, that is the IP of our CAS server.

Then please delete 2nd and 3rd positions, restart both CAS and ADS and if that will not resolve the issue please open support ticket with:

• screenshot of error,
  • Exportconfig.zip from CAS,
  • Exportconfig.zip from ADS.

Roger that. Thanks.

jwarren
Participant

It would appear that the message "cannot get data from cas" is directly related to the account settings for the reporting servers (CAS -> Settings -> Report Settings -> Report Data Servers). A recent password change for the configured account resulted in the originally reported error. Pretty intuitive, huh?

Thanks to Adam for his assistance in helping us figure this out. No support ticket necessary.