cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

https://community.compuwareapm.com/community/display/DCRUMFORUM/Location+of+trace+files+recorded+in+RUM+Console

henk_stobbe
Mentor

Anybody,

I have created a manual trace in the console and when I open this trace I notice that there is a difference in what DCRUM found and what Wireshark finds. e.q. a port number found by the console can not be found in Wireshark. What am I missing?

KR Henk Stobbe

Atos Groningen

5 REPLIES 5

ulf_thorn222
Inactive

What protocol is it?

Possibly a PROXY of some kind?

Wireshark is packet focused and will expose per packet information while DC RUM is more geared towards messages even though you can force it to relinquish TCP/IP data (smile)

Ulf,

Bigger story, (I have created ticket). The issue is that AMD splts traffic based on Physical ethernet address, so A->B B->A on level 3 looks (in my AMD) as two seprate streams. Wireshark does not to make that separation and has no issue's, In the sam ticketI asked to adjust default min packet size on AMD,

Ticket 5744, just shipped to development, 

KR Henk

Odd one - Possily you have a half of a load balanced AMD!

Do you many AMDs?

henk_stobbe
Mentor

Uf,

Sorry, just the one AMD.  I copied the cap file from AMD to pc, and it shows up very nice in Wireshark. FYI it is FabricPath traffic, so to get IP you have to chop off a few bytes to get the ethernet packet. Maybe this conversion is not perfect in AMD,

henk_stobbe
Mentor

sorry Ulf (I type faster then my brain )-(wink)