Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

list of software services by NIC

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello,

Is there a possibility (with rcon, DMI etc.) to know which software services are collected by each NIC?

JLL

7 REPLIES 7

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

There is no other way to do it than just turning off all sniffing NICs, but one and doing "lapp" command in rcon, and repeating this for other NIC(s).

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Thank you Adam for this confirmation

It's possible also to switch the Driver to NATIVE mode the time to test every network interface with tcpdump -i ethX

After we have to switch back the driver to custom and restart the AMD server

With this process, the AMD lost only the data during the time to change the configuration and restart the probe

Oh, I thought you want to clearly see Software Services names ...

If Wireshark is OK for you then there is no need to switch to native driver. Tcpdump command in rcon has an option to capture trace only from one sniffing interfaces or more delimited with spaces:

But that output will not map against the Software services - will it (or did I miss something)?

I did not say it, just improved the workaround that JLL gave to the problem that it's not possible to list SSes per NIC.

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Good

Thank you

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Ulf,

Of course not,

to have the list of software services, you have to collect the NIC one by one, as described by Adam But is very long and you lost the data