cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing software service in RUM Console

sylvian_lam1
Organizer

Hi all,

I'm using CAS 12.4.10 with two AMDs (one local and one remote) running well for over a year. However, today I opened RUM Console and click "Software Services", I found that most of the software services were missing. After compare with the previous software services name, it seems all software services of local AMD were missing, I already rebooted the AMD, CAS and RUM Console but problem persist. Is there anything else I can do to fix it?

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks.

Sylvian

6 REPLIES 6

harshal_pujari
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Sylvian,

Did you make a change to just the local AMD? You can try reverting back to the old configuration to see if that restores the software services.

Regards,

Harshal.

Thanks Harshal,

I didn't make any changes to the local AMD for months, I checked the applications.xml and all software services are there, just don't know why they disappeared in RUM Console suddenly. Thanks God the problem was solved after I "publish" the AMD once again -- nothing modified, simple open the AMD configuration and save, publish.

Thanks again.

Sylvian

martina_resutik
Inactive

Hi Sylvian,

We have faced the same issue. In order to have the software services reappear, you need to force the AMD cache refresh. You can do this by changing software service name and then right away changing it back.

Please try if the below steps to resolve:

• find the respective AMD that contains the "missing" software services in the RUM console Devices list
  • click on "Open Configuration"
  • under "User-Defined Software Services", edit one software service name (double-click on the selected row)
  • save and Publish the configuration draft
  • verify your software services now appear in the RUM console
  • change and publish the changes as they were before

Please let us know if this helps to resolve your issue.

Thank you, Martina

Hi Martina,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that's what exactly I've done to solve the problem.

You mentioned AMD cache refresh, any reason behind that causes it didn't "refresh" itself?

Thanks.

Sylvian

Hi Sylvain,

This is a recently discovered bug in the software. The issue seem to manifest itself after a RUM console restart. However, you will be pleased to hear, that a fix is available in the upcoming DCRUM releases (so 12.4.15 in your case if you do not plan to upgrade to version May 2017, in that case the SP3 will bring the fix). Until then, you will need to use the above mentioned workaround.

If you have any additional questions, do not hesitate to let us know 🙂

Kind regards,

Martina

Thanks Martina. I'm planning upgrade but in 2018.