cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile report restriction

thomas_bigler
Participant

Is it possible to restrict mobile report to only selected services?

9 REPLIES 9

benjamin_wright
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello,

I'm not 100% sure which mobile report you're referring to... is that a report in the CAS? If so, then that should be customizable. Or do you mean the reports in the mobile app which connects to CAS?

thomas_bigler
Participant

Hi Benjamin

I mean the report in the mobile app.

We would like to get for different customers a different view (their own services).

benjamin_wright
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Ok, I see. That should be possible using the CAS's Data Access Permissions (see https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DCRUM124/Data+Access+Permission).

Sebastian's post here has a bit more information.

thomas_bigler
Participant

Hi Benjamin

I don't understand how to do it...
I got a user and he is assigned to the group of "mobile users".

If he opens the mobile app he has 10 applications on "all monitored applications".

Now i would like to define that he can view only his own application and not the other nine.

I don't see the way how to do that in your link.

benjamin_wright
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Thomas,

sorry, I my have gone a bit too fast here.

The idea is to first make the "Application" criteria a filtering dimension - this is what is described in the link I gave.

In a second step, you then assign that user (or user group) only the Application they should be allowed to see (description for users and for user groups). So here you can define which users should be allowed to see what data based on your filtering dimension, which is the application in your case.

These users will then only have access to data of the application which you've assigned them, and that would apply to the mobile app as well.

thomas_bigler
Participant

Perfect, now I got it.

The description for users needs to be corrected:

Old:

1. From the CAS top menu, choose SettingsUsers. The Users screen opens.
  2. Select a user and click Data access. The Data access for user screen opens.
  3. Define access to the report data.

New:

1. From the CAS top menu, choose SettingsSecurityUser rights. The Users screen opens.
  2. Select a user and click Data access.The Data access for user screen opens.
  3. Define access to the report data.

I'm glad to hear you've found it.

The menu names may have changed in 12.3 vs.12.4 ... the links I used were for 12.4. Could that be the reason for the changed menu names?

thomas_bigler
Participant

we are on 12.4

Product Name: Central Analysis Server

Version: 12.4.1.36

Ah, ok. Thank you for letting us know! I'll forward your comment.