cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple user recognition rules

p_esposito
Guide

Hi,

I'm not sure how AMD works on user recognition rules, when putting more than one rules... really hope to have a clue from you, please!

Example:

Are the user name rules executed from top to down, until it is found the match?

And this one, about the Session ID:

Does the user session will be followed using the first session ID rule or, if it not fits, trying to match the second one?

Thanks in advance

P

5 REPLIES 5

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

AFAIR it's as you said for both: from the top to the bottom, stopping once found.

that's good Adam, thank you!

So, in case I have more than one Session ID (SSO, framwwork, application...), I have to create, at the top, a session ID rule to catch SSO cookie first, followed by other session id rules on framework, application and so on... does it makes sense?

Yes, it does.

erenedo
Organizer

Hi,

Is it possible identifing a servername of an IP using Username recognition in a Software Service?

I think that to get it the information has to travel in a parameter, right?

Thanks.

Elena.

p_esposito
Guide

@Elena H. As I know, you should already have servernames for IP addresses, if you configured the right (one or more) DNS on CAS Server.

Anyway, in my opinion, if you have servername in a cookie or http parameter, I suppose you can configure the username recognition to catch the information that you need (just set the "Servername" cookie instead of "username" cookie).