cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"AND" or "OR" within the expression rule definitions for Tiers under Business Units

mark_gerards
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Dear All,

I have a Tier called Backed Load Balancer where I want to include all URLs except two URLs containing contactservice and messagebroker. I am able to exclude one via Expression and then the expression is operation="~*contactservice*"

However I would like to build within the expression an or expression and was thinking the following

expression is operation="~*contactservice*|~*messagebroker*"

However this format does not work. Anyone have some idea if it is possible and how the expression should look like?

Kind regards,

Mark

Ps. the documentation does not describe this

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DCRUM124/Defining+a+transaction+rule

3 REPLIES 3

david_n
Inactive

Hello Mark,

I don't have access to a DCRUM instance right now to test these myself but have you tried adding multiple rules in the business units section? It might work if you split them into individual rules. Something else that you can try is to place the quotes around each entry like this:

operation="~*contactservice*"|"~*messagebroker*"

Thanks,

David Nicholls

mark_gerards
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Thank you for the suggestion. I have asked the customer to check the option to place the or sign outside the quotations. Let you know when I received feedback.

In regards of your other suggestion to split them in different rules, this is for the OR not possible only for the AND option. Reason is if the first rule says not contactservice, it will still include message broker. The second rule says not message broker, it still include the contactservices. Therefore both are still assigned to this tier.

Kind regards,

Mark

This expression does not make sense from the logical point of view. ORing fails due to the reason mentioned by Mark. You need to put AND there. Here you can find the answer how to do this:

https://answers.dynatrace.com/spaces/160/open-q-a_...