cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

remove zdata

Hi All,

I have cleaned all my data from atscon (Purge Database). After that the CAS seems that is receiving again all traffics retained from the AMDs:

- Delay in performance data processing is 7 day(s) 19 hour(s)

- Error from <ADS-hostname>: Delay in performance data processing in 42 minutes(s).

Maybe it is a dumb question, how can I remove all data from AMD or CAS (zdata* files) ?

Thanks in advanced

Giuseppe

5 REPLIES 5

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Giuseppe,

I am not 100% sure but I guess the zdata* should be remove because by default AMD keeps the data for the last 8 days.

Regards,

Babar

Hello Babar,

thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure if there is a defined procedure to delete those files.

regards

G.

Hello Giuseppe,

Below is the command to check the file sizes and times for all zdata files and I guess with the same way we can delete all the files.

ls -al /var/spool/adlex/rtm | grep zdata

Regards,

Babar

avner_san2
Inactive

Hi Giuseppe,

You don't need necessarily delete those zdata files. You can use the option "skip-to" in the CAS and then skip to the data (or day) that you want to proccess.

To do that, you have to access the URL http://<Your_CAS_IP>/rtmdebug

There you will see the list of files that are in the "queue" to be proccessed.

Just as a note, when you use the skip-to option, sometimes it can take a while to clean the files that are in the "queue", once the CAS will start to execute the task Daily report generation, and only after this task finish for the days that you skipped the data, it will start to process the file/day that you choose.

Hope that helps,

Avner

Hi Avner,

thank you very much for the suggestion, that is very useful. I suppose that a massive command doesn't exist

Regards,

Giuseppe