cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

username recognition and jsession

erenedo
Organizer

Hi,

I've configured username recoginition for several applications. But not all the URLs are identified by an username. In some of them appears an IP instead of a username. The customer tells me that in all URL user must be log in. Why can it happen?

On the other hand, we want to detect jsessionid. Have I create a new policy to define the jsessionid or in the same rule where I define username recognition can I define jsessionid?

If something is not clear, don't hesitate asking me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Elena.

4 REPLIES 4

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Elena,

Session
ID rules may be needed to help track users on servers where user name
is not passed with every request. Tell us how session ID is defined on
your server.
Some
web servers use session ID to keep user sessions. If you define session
id rule user recogniotion may work better and return more precise
results.
To add session ID rule, add user name rule first, then select session id parameter from
filter
or
search
. You can define session id rule manually.

Regards,

Babar

erenedo
Organizer

Hi Babar,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Session ID is defined by JSESSIONID in the cookie.

I will. So, I have to define one rule for user name and another one for session id, right?

Thanks a lot. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Elena

Hello Elena,

You can use the same rule to configure the 'Session ID' if there is no more specific need except you are configuring 'User Recognition Rule' because it helps to track users on servers where user name is not passed with every request. If you define session id rule, user recognition may work better and return more precise results.

Regards,

Babar

erenedo
Organizer

Hi Babar,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

The customer has told me the user name is not passed with every request. So I'll configure "session id rule".

Thanks again and Best Regards,

Elena.