cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

what is the minimum traffic required for an application to show on health report?

jwarren
Participant

4 REPLIES 4

matt_lewis
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hey Warren,

Not too sure on the context of this question, but I'll give it a couple of shots:

By default, I believe the minimum amount of real user data is 5 unique users for an app before the Application Health Status (AHS) report starts using synthetic data as an indicator of application health.

Alternatively, if you are trying to get a newly added application to appear on the AHS report, you need to keep in mind that the application will only show up if you have a front end tier in that application. A good check is to go to Reports->RUM Analysis->Software Services report, and see if your software services for that application are appearing in that report. If they are there, and not appearing as an application in the AHS, then you are most likely missing a front end tier. If your software services arent appearing in there, then you may not have the traffic coming to the AMD, or not properly defined in the Software Service definition.

Hope this helps,

-Matt Lewis

cosmin_gherghel
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Jc,

For the application to appear on the AHS report the application must have enough traffic to constitute an operation (eg. a transaction) and when configuring the application in the Business Units screen you must have a software service that included in a tier that is designated as a "Front-end tier".

-Cosmin

jwarren
Participant

Thanks for the quick responses. I'm a DCRUM newb and am struggling getting the application owner to provide adequate information. I wasn't sure if it was my lack of knowledge or their lack of traffic (seems to be the latter). Thanks again!

jwarren
Participant

As a follow up: the application owners did not provide me with accurate information regarding their load balancer so I'd configured the front tier with improper information. Once I configured their web servers as the front tier (and convinced them that we need more than 10 minute bursts of data every couple of hours) the application health reports started showing data.

They are still trying to figure out the actual workflow for their application but at least they can see the type of info DCRUM can provide and if it's applicable to their situation.

Thanks again for the helpful responses which got me taking a closer look at the front tier config.