cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to copy the installation file for AMD upgrade

kevin_liu1
Guide

we are currently doing prep work to upgrade our DCRUM from 12.2 to 12.3, i just downloaded the 12.3 AMD installation file: upgrade-amd-amdos5-x86_64-ndw-12-03-05-0019-b001.bin, which folder or directory should i copy this to on our AMD server?

4 REPLIES 4

ulf_thornander3
Inactive

Anywhere where you have full rights. Don't forget you need to chmod the file so you can execute it (coming off the DVD image)

the installation file is currently on my PC which i downloaded from Dynatrace's site, it's not on a DVD. i tried to locate the last upgrade file on the AMD when we upgraded from 12.0 to 12.2 last year, so i can just overwrite that file with the new one, but could not locate it.

@kevin liu
Check under the /opt directory. this is the directory that is commonly used to install dynatrace software. If you are upgrading from an earlier version, check that you have the directory /usr/adlex

chris_v
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I typically use either 'scp' (on linux) or 'winscp' (Windows) to copy the installer file to /tmp/ on the AMD. the installer is only needed during the install/upgrade process, so /tmp/ is as suitable a location as any.

There's no requirement for it to be located anywhere specific, as Ulf says anywhere you can write it to is fine. Some particualrly heavily locked down linux installs may place executable restrictions (noexec flag) on certain mount points, but a AMD built with the Dynatrace provided kickstart file does not.