cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About OneAgent traffic (*.live.ruxit.com)

menda
Guide

Hi,

Looking at OneAgent's various logs (os, apache, java, ...), I can see that it is communicating to (*.live.ruxit.com).

I have three questions about OneAgent traffic.

(1) I can check the traffic of OneAgent from the process page of Host, but does this communication include (*.live.ruxit.com) communication as well?

traffic.png

(2) Also, should transactions increase, will it exceed 10 Mbps?

(3) Is the purpose of communication to (*.live.ruxit.com) two "transmission of measurement data" and "heartbeat communication"?

I look forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Masahiko Enda

1 REPLY 1

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

The question refers to the communication of "Dynatrace Deployment health monitoring" via OneAgent installed on each Dynatrace Managed node. OneAgent reports the data to one of our SaaS monitoring environments. Currently all the requests are proxied via Mission Control (MC) so in practice you should not see any outgoing communication directly to *.live.ruxit.com or *.live.dynatrace.com. This simplifies network configuration and maintain a single point of communication to MC.

Health reporting has a minor impact on network and definitely should be lower than 10 Mbps. This is the requirement for communication to Mission Control, and a high value relates to the time then software updates are being downloaded.

You can inspect the communication established from Managed nodes to other endpoints as "Requests to public networks" in Transaction&Services.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Featured Posts