Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Audit log in Dynatrace Managed

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

In Dynatrace Managed cluster management console it is possible to view the audit log. Are there any options to forward those audit events to other tool? (for example SIEM tool or syslog server)

Where is the audit log located? There are some logfiles named audit in the LOG_PATH but they don't contain the information present in the audit log, nor does the server log. Also as far as I know there is no publicly available API to pull this log file or it's events.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner
11 REPLIES 11

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

These are store in the Cassandra database. Currently they are not available through Public API. This is on our roadmap.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Hello @Radoslaw S.,

Any update on this? I need something similar to @Julius L., export the .log file to a syslog server. Is the content of AuditLog tab still only on Cassandra DB?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Ignacio Norris Perret

No update yet to that.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Thanks for the response!

Any update? When part of Public API? Is there maybe another way to extract this log-file manually? Extract to a csv-file?

There are only LOGIN/LOGOUT information. What I need is to see all the changes made. For example, configuration changes made in settings. I can get this via API. But does it stay as a log somewhere on the server?

Regards,

Ozkan

GilesDay
Helper

Any update to this? (Cluster API audit log)

sergio_borisovs
Visitor

We need to send audit events ( login/logout, user/groups creation/modification, etc etc) to SIEM. What is the best choice to do that.

Thanks in advance

fstekelenburg
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

What is the current status? Quite an old topic.

Kind regards, Frans Stekelenburg                 Certified Dynatrace Associate | measure.works, Dynatrace Partner

interested also.

Richard_Cahill
Visitor

Also interested..

Featured Posts