Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated service metrics maintenance window

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Dear All,

I have a challenge applying a maintenance window on the calculated service metrics. I explored the monitored entities API to use in the automatic tagging but it seems there is not much for that.

Can someone assist me in this regard? 

I can explain more about the said requirements if required.

Regards,

Babar

5 REPLIES 5

Hi, you should assign your calculated metric to a management zone 

paolo_fumanelli_0-1683543966439.png

then apply the maintenance window on the just created mgmt zone.

Hope it fits your needs.

Hello @paolo_fumanelli 

Thank you for your comments. It seems a good workaround but I have a couple of following points:

• We have to create unwanted management zones only for the maintenance windows.
  • Can you show me a real example of the value calculate metrics in the preview entities because it is not populating with me?

Regards,

Babar

You're right, looks like preview is not correctly working, also to me. By the way, I tried to set it up (with rule "metric key begins with calc:"), then created a data explorer with one built in metric and a calculated metric, then filtered by such MZ and only the calculated metric was shown, so i'd say it works although preview doesn't work.

fstekelenburg
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

@paolo_fumanelli does this mean that this only works for calc:?
Tried something with builtin: but that seems not do do anything.
It would be very interesting though, if this could be used as a workaround to ignore certain peaks during nighttime, regularly/daily occurring.

Anyone managed to get that working this way?

Kind regards, Frans Stekelenburg                 Certified Dynatrace Associate | measure.works, Dynatrace Partner

Hi, I just tried the same I did before with "calc:" and looks working. Assign a builtin metric to a MZ, then put that metric on a data explorer, when filtering for that MZ the metric is shown.

Featured Posts