cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Can I run upgrade precondition tests manually to verify if upgrade can be started?

tarjei_utnes
Organizer

So sometimes the cluster upgrades fails, this can be fore many different reasons.

Sometimes you need a change window for these upgrades, and when the upgrade fails, there is the requirement to create a new change window maybe a week later.

Since there are precondition tests being executed before a cluster upgrade is started, it would be very nice if these preconditions could be executed manually.

I know on NAM there is such a feature on the Probes.

This precondition test, should be possible to execute either through command line script, or maybe even through REST API

6 REPLIES 6

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/managed-custom-install#command-line-parameters

--system-check — Use this parameter to check if the machine and operating system fulfills the requirements of the new version.

So run the installer with this parameter to achieve your use case. Is that what you are looking for?

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

How will I go about doing this on the new version, ie: where is the installer placed?

New installer is placed at: <dynatrace-bin-dir>/installer/upgrade

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

And it would also be nice if this was able to be performed through the REST API for automation purposes

REST API is not available as that operation is also not available in UI. For automation you can easily do it via script/ssh.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru
I've converted that idea into a question and moved to Open Q&A Forum.
Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Featured Posts