Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Cluster/Environment configurations migration

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Dears,

What is the easiest way to migrate the cluster and environment custom configurations and rules for example Process group detection, Process group naming, Application detection, Map IP addresses to locations, Alerting profiles, Tags, etc.. created for one Managed Cluster/Environment to another Managed Cluster/Environment? 

Regards,

Babar

8 REPLIES 8

awahab
Helper

API's. This is what we do,

We have several monitoring environment but have same type of Alerting Profiles(Based on OS), Tagging Rules, Even Dashboards.

We created a Copy Configuration script which accepts the source and target environment id and token and migrates from source to target.

We made this re-runnable. If re-ran it will just delete old configurations and migrate again. 

Hello @awahab 

Thank you for pointing me out in the right direction. 

Most of the time we are configuring one of the environments. How to automate those configurations to reflect in the other environments?

How to create/import/configure multiple management zones from one environment to another environment?

Regards,

Babar

Hi

This is what I do for alerting profile

awahab_1-1631554711693.png

Management zone wouldn't be any different.

Hello @awahab 

Thank you. Would you mind sharing the script with me if possible? 

Do we have a way to migrate all the configurations in bulk using configurations API? 

I did a try, but it works only with the first entity name.

Regards,

Babar

sia_h
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Babar,

You can make use of Dynatrace Monaco to automate and copy configuration from one environment to another. You can find a list of all supported configuration objects here.

https://dynatrace-oss.github.io/dynatrace-monitoring-as-code/

Sia

Hello @sia_h 

I will look into it. The only challenge is that the customer does not allow us to use GitHub, therefore, they blocked it.

Regards,

Babar 

then download yourself and place where you can pass it. It's just a single binary file.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Hello @Radoslaw_Szulgo 

I was already thinking about this but the customer also stop the incoming emails with such types of attachments 😀

I hope that I will find a way to get it liberty of Monaco.

Regards,

Babar

Featured Posts