cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a problem card that only admins see

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Problem: Execs are in Dynatrace and very sensitive to problem cards.  We need to alert on high Visually Complete for one application if over a certain threshold and execs can't see.

Possible ways:

1.) Wish there was a way to open a problem card that only Admins can see

2.) Alert in a different Dynatrace tenant, problem is getting data over to another tenant

3.) Use external tool to pull API of VCT then alert if over a certain threshold.

4.) Wish DT had a MZ just for Admins

Unfortunately we have not limited our management zones but even if we did, then this application would be in that MZ.  I will be thinking if I can do this without messing anything up for them.

Anybody else have any ideas that I am missing? 

Dynatrace Certified Professional
2 REPLIES 2

luislira
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

This might work for your use case:
- Define a User group for Admins

- Define a Management Zone for Admins and grant permissions only for your group (other groups shouldn't be able to access this Management Zone)
- Place Application in your MZ
- Create Custom alert (Metric Event if using Dynatrace v1.253+)
- Create Alerting profile attached to your MZ

Now , when a problem is opened regarding this custom alert/metric event, only the people who have access to the MZ will see the card. Other users won't be able to select that Management Zone, hence they can't see the problems for that management zone.

Keep in mind that since you are also restricting the application to your MZ and no other users can see the application, they won't be able to see the problems for this application as well.

Hope this helps 🙂

Not sure if will work as the application must be seen by others and every user is not tied to a MZ.

Dynatrace Certified Professional

Featured Posts