cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace Cloud Provider Migration

echwallah
Advisor

Its exciting that Dynatrace has partnerships now with Azure and GCP increasing its partnerships with other providers apart from AWS.

Question is for our previous clients who have already have subscriptions under AWS, can they Migrate their Cluster to another provider say for example I have a client on AWS but with an Azure subscription can they move their AWS cluster to Azure?

Second questions with tenants having multiple environments, can they have separate environments on different cloud providers under the same license?

Dynatrace Certified Associate
2 REPLIES 2

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@echwallah,

There is no provision for migrating cluster/environments from AWS to Azure that I know of. I'm not a Dynatrace employee, but I have heard clearly that that is not an option. I imagine it could be technically possible, but would come certainly with a high price tag.

Having separate environments on different cloud providers might seem more doable to me, as you can even do it yourself.

In any case, the best way would be to get in contact with your Dynatrace sales representative, so you get an official position on your questions.

Antonio Sousa

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

@echwallah  this is technically feasible. The Dynatrace support team may not be able to officially support this but with the help of service partners, this is 100 percent feasible. As suggested by Antonio, you can reach out to your account Sales Engineer so they could take this request with the loacl service team.

KG

Featured Posts