cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyTravel Problem Pattern Plugins

sandeep_jan1
Participant

Ihave installed easytravel Linux installer in an Aws Amazon Linux Ec2 instance and have connected it to my Dynatrace SaaS instance. I have launched the application using the weblauncher.sh script and is able to access the config UI using my browser.

As part of a PoC we are trying to trigger some problems (using the problem patterns) and then use custom integrations to invoke REST Api to resolve the incident. Even though there are multiple plugins available most of them are raising problem in Dynatrace after a long period of wait e.g 10mins. We want to perform a Live demo using this setup and hence would like to choose any proble pattern which can be quickly detected as a problem in Dynatrace.

Can you suggest some of the problem patterns that you may have used for your demo, which is quickly detected my dynatrace as a problem.

3 REPLIES 3

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

In ET configuration there is file where you have configuration for some test scenarios. You can than enable ET as NoGUI mode in linux. But what we are doing mostly is making some LoadTests using jMeter (small amount of traffic, this is not bullet proof app) and when we are enabling some test scenario, we are making Load test for related endpoints. This makes problems in DT happen almost immediately.

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

sandeep_jan1
Participant

Thanks for the response. My main problem is that even though ET is showing problems immediately dynatrace takes around 5mins to show it as a PROBLEM in its SaaS UI. We are trying to perform a live demo to some users and dont wish to wiat 5mins for the problem notification to occur and then another 5mins for it to changed to closed status once the plugin is turned Off. Is there anything that can be done to immediately show problem to dynatrace whenever easy travel is having issues

This is because of low throughput. Default generators are not making high load so you have to wait few minutes. Another case is that AI in DT is not trained on constant level. Easiest and fastest are issues that are impacting memory or CPU, they are make on static thresholds. This is why we are using jMeter.

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Featured Posts