cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easytravel loadgeneration public IP

_davidemascolo
Contributor

Hi, I installed easyTravel on a centos on azure.
I would like that the loadgenerator is presented to the app towards the public IP instead of localhost.
Is this possible?
This would save me from doing manual traffic and creating synthetics to simulate it (needs to feed data for a SLO example for a customer)

Regards,
Davide

I'm your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man!™
- Davide
from Milan, Italy
9 REPLIES 9

andre_vdveen
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @_davidemascolo perhaps I'm missing the point here but you don't need a public IP for the load generator to work.
Also, if there is a OneAgent installed on the host, it will capture all the requests and you should also get RUM data.

Hi @andre_vdveen, you are right but I want the load generator to use another IP (the public IP) instead of localhost.

This helps me to differentiate the traffic of my easyTravel instance from that of other colleagues (outbound traffic from all running easyTravel instances would result in a "localhost domain" in My Web Application and the first one to create an application will take all the traffic)

Regards,
Davide

- Davide
from Milan, Italy

Right, got it! Makes sense 🙂

So, you should be able to set the IP address in the easyTravelConfig.properties file.
Look for the entry config.apacheWebServerHost for the Apache component - change localhost to your public IP and see if that works if you start the UEM -> Standard scenario up. It works for my setup on Windows, changing localhost to my local IP address, so I don't see why it won't work using a public IP, granted the correct firewall rules are in place, of course for remote access 🙂

andre_vdveen_1-1666792468483.png

I also updated localhost for the config.apacheWebServerB2bHost entry to my local IP address.
Let me know if the changes work for you.

Hi there,

I have a similar issue where none of the generated traffic from the easytravel manager UI (port 8094) is showing up in the application perspective. All I have changed is the config.apacheWebServerHost and config.apacheWebServerB2bHost in the easyTravelConfig.properties file to the EC2 instance IP address. Any other config changes I should be aware of to get the generated traffic to appear?

andre_vdveen
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @kenn, which scenario are you using? I've not come across any that uses port 8094, but that's likely because I always use UEM > Standard 🙂

Also, are you running easyTravel on Linux or Windows, and how are you starting it up?

Are you able to get to the site using the EC2 instance IP you've set + port 8094, meaning does the site load? If yes, check if there is a 'ruxitagentjs_' script loaded (F12 to get into dev tools, then reload and check the Elements tab) 

Hi @andre_vdveen !
The manager (ec2_IP:8094), meaning where I launch the UEM>Standard scenario. It's running on linux and yes I access the site from ec2_IP:8079 and yes the ruxitagent script is loaded in the head

andre_vdveen
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @Ken-K, the app detection rule should be set up to look for traffic on port 8079, not 8094. Have you tried changing the rule to look for traffic on port 8079? If the script is showing, it should work.

By 8094 I mean the weblauncher UI 🙂

_davidemascolo
Contributor

Hi @andre_vdveen , great! This solved my issue.

- Davide
from Milan, Italy

Featured Posts