cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elasticsearch and OneAgent in "Infrastructure only" mode

l_nalesso
Newcomer

Hi all,
Is it possible to enable Elasticsearch monitoring if OneAgent is in infrastructure-only mode?
I've made same search in the doc and in the community but i have not found the answer (need new glasses? 🙂 ).

3 REPLIES 3

Romanenkov_Al3x
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Hello.

In general: In infra mode you will miss JVM metrics and service level, but general process metrics and tecnology specific metrics (with extension)you can get with infa-only mode.

Yes, it is possible, but you will miss instrumentation on EleasticSearch level.

If you have, for example, an instrumented Java application that calls ElasticSearch - you can see request count, failure rate, response time for OPAQUE service (not instrumented). Dynatrace can see when the code of your application executes a call to another service and when it came back.

You can see how it look in Dynatrace - with fully instrumented ElasticSearch on screenshots.

In my case, I call elastic with curl. So I can see this call and PurePath because ElasticSearch is instrumented - agent in Full-stack mode. I can see exception and e.t.c.

Romanenkov_Al3x_1-1674055532775.png

Romanenkov_Al3x_2-1674055715599.png

I wouldn't be able to see these CURL PurePaths without instrumentation.

In infra only mode you can additionally setup extension to get ElasticSerach metrics:

Romanenkov_Al3x_3-1674056173835.png

JVM metrics tab will not be avaliable in infra only mode. 

Romanenkov_Al3x_0-1674055408845.png

Metrics.

I hope this helps, have a good day!

Romanenkov Alex

DT_NGINX_FORCE_UNKNOWN_VERSION_INSTRUMENTATION=1

Thank you for your informations.

We understand the limits and we have installed in infra mode. Everything is working ok and in this moment we only need this data.

Hi @l_nalesso Thank you for letting us know! 😊

The only constant is change. Finding ways for great things to happen!

Featured Posts