cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Extraction in Log Monitoring v2

Mark23
Visitor

Prior to my company switching from Log Monitoring v1 to v2, I had this field extraction:

"<cycleSeconds>%{INTEGER:cycleSeconds}</cycleSeconds>"

This extracted field allowed me to chart cycle times.

chart.jpg

It appears this field extraction feature was removed from Log Monitoring v2.  

Is there another way to generate a time series, so I can chart cycle times? 

Thank you,

-Mark

4 REPLIES 4

bill_scheuernst
DynaMight
DynaMight

I too am having an issue with this.  "Thinking" v2 would have better functionality, I opted to enable it yesterday.  While the search and filtering function is better than v1 by way of using the facets navigation, the field extraction function was removed.  I also lost all previous queries I had painstakingly setup and without the field extraction function in place, it looks like I'm not going to be able to recreate these queries.  I also think the documentation could be significantly better.  While using the community is beneficial, I generally read documentation repeatedly and exhausting all other avenues before using the community.  In addition to this, I would like to assign log attributes to various fields and columns to be used for splitting and reporting.  How do you do this?  I'm guessing by way of the API, but once again, it's not fully documented.

Dynatrace Certified Professional

bill_scheuernst
DynaMight
DynaMight

When does the log parsing functionality get deployed for Log Monitoring v2?

Dynatrace Certified Professional

chuan_sern_wong
Advisor

Any update from Dynatrace on this topic ? It seem that it is not possible to achieve this ?

Tomasz_Wozniak
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi,

The Log Processing functionality is now released as a Preview (since 1.242). Please visit the feedback channel for Log Processing for more details.

Featured Posts