cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering out specific tags from alerting profiles

Hey community, I have a question,

We have a specific alerting profile, that under a specific condition will send a mail to a relevant team.

But we want to filter *out* specific cases that will not be sent by mail to the team,

Is it possible to do that by tags? I mean, to filter out specific hosts that on them, an email will not be sent.

Any idea? or other good ideas on how to do that? (because tags are the most easy way I guess).

Thank you all.

3 REPLIES 3

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @YuvalKonstanti,"

Is it possible to crate another MZ (I mean administrative overhead) ? In this case I would create a "filtered" MZ and this MZ would connect to the alerting profile (without the unneccessary hosts). 

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

That's a really good idea Mizső! I used that, but I think that I'm missing something.

I created a new MZ and added rules, with the host tags that I don't want to be in this MZ, but I still see those hosts (please see the image I added).

Under the "Matching entities" I sill see hosts that I filtered our, do you have any idea why?

Thank you in advance.

Ok I figured it out. The method I did working as an "or" method for the rules, and not "and", once I added the rules all in one rule it counts them as "and" and it's working.

Thanks!! It's a great solution

Featured Posts