cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From where can we manually download Dynatrace Synthetic Recorder?

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi guys,

Customer using dynatrace Managed from internal network that is not expose to the internet thus can not download Dynatrace Synthetic Recorder extension.

From where can we download CRX in order to move it into their network?

Yos

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel
6 REPLIES 6

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Found this site and gave it the id of the extenuation pbnfcaobikkbealhienfilklacghhgoi got the crx file

[Edit 20.12.2022 from Moderation team - The link is no longer valid, we'll provide an alternative solution soon!]

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Hi Yos,

I had a customer try out the following method to install the synthetic recorder but they are unable to record sessions. Were you able to record sessions after downloading the file with this method?

Hi Anthony

Yes it works , please verify that the extension is allowed in incognito

Hi Yos,

download doesnt work anymore for the latest version.

Error message:

Empty Extension!

Could not download the extension because Google returned an empty file.

An e-mail has been sent to the developers.

Where do I get the latest version downloaded as crx.file? I am missing an official site to get this source.

Cheers

anthony_sciarin
Dynatrace Participant
Dynatrace Participant

Thank you for verifying this Yos! I will have the customer double check this.

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

You can install & export the Chrome extension from a machine that does have internet access and then import it to the machine you need it on.
There are various instructions for exporting and importing crx files on the internet, but these instructions look good: https://www.alphr.com/export-chrome-extensions/

Featured Posts