Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host properties and tags can't be set through the web UI

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

I was reading OneAgent release notes 1.263 and it says "Previously, host properties and host tags could only be set on the host locally using oneagentctl tool. Now, host properties and host tags can be set through the web UI and sent to OneAgent on the host, where OneAgent writes them to the host configuration."

Do you know how to configure host properties using user interface?

Thank you in advance!

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl
9 REPLIES 9

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi Anton!

I can't find it either. I looked in the Deployment Status page where you can change the host group and network zone settings, but didn't find anything. I also verified the host configuration page:)

Have a nice day!

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I had followed same as you and finally, post it here.

I am not sure if a minimum SaaS / Managed version is required.

Best regards

I have Dynatrace version 1.264 (SaaS), but I'm thinking that it might be available from version 1.266.

Unless we can't find which is also possible 😂

Radek

Have a nice day!

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Yes same to me, I read it but can't find it.

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @AntonPineiro,

same here, I can't find it but I think once it will be available it will be as @radek_jasinski mentioned from the deployment status in the section related to the remote configuration option

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/remote-configuration#remote-configuration-managemen...

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

lucas_hocker
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi all! Sorry about the documentation issue here. We'll get that fixed! The feature unfortunately slipped to 268, but the good news is that it is indeed coming!

Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 10.18.36 AM.png

Thank you so much @lucas_hocker for your fast answer! 😎

@lucas_hocker is this 268 version specific to the cluster version or oneagent? The oa versions seem to increment by 2s with the version being odd numbers whereas the cluster version (saas) increments by 1. Just wanting to confirm if we need a specific oneagent version for this. We plan to upgrade our agents soon and I want to be sure to capture the required version oa if there is one.

I believe it should just be cluster 268. I believe the errant release notes mention above were about the agent side back in 263.

Featured Posts