cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I correlate failed outbound service requests with the requesting client?

rick_ehlenbeck
Newcomer

I have web requests which on the server are calling a data service that fails. I would like to be able to trace these failed service requests back to the client requests that caused them in order to determine whether this traffic is from a bot or a real users.

2 REPLIES 2

rodrigo_alvare1
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hello Rick,

On the details page of the service affected, filter the service for those requests that have a high failure rate. Then click on the button "More..." and click on Analyze Backtrace. At this point we have different options to get that information:
- In Purepaths of the first invoked service, you can see the Client IP or Forwarded IP

-In the Analyze Backtrace or in the Service details screen you can apply filters to see if the traffic is from Real User or from Synthetic

- You can go up to Application or User action level to analyze those calls (still with the filter of failed transactions applied)

rick_ehlenbeck
Newcomer

Thanks for your answer, however, this doesn't work in this instance because the problem is around an outbound service call from my web application and so I cannot add the user-type filter to the details, it's not available. It seems that these outbound service calls are not tracking back to their associated client requests.

Featured Posts