cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I perform Cluster node's performance?

Yoshi
Frequent Guest

Hi everyone,

I set some custom service detection.

But unknown service method of custom service is displayed.
According to the issue below, I need to increase my cluster node's resources: https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Dynatrace-Open-Q-A/How-to-explain-the-display-of-Unknown-service-... 

Before increasing the performance, I'd like to confirm that my cluster node's resources are not sufficient.

Does anyone know how I can perform Cluster node's performance?

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

r_weber
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @Yoshi,

before looking at cluster node performance, did you check if the custom service configuration is a sane one?
E.g. not instrumenting something like a massively called method or a method that leads to very long running purepaths (e.g. a batch job that would run for hours and create 100s of thousands PP nodes maybe?)

Certified Dynatrace Master, Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Yoshi
Frequent Guest

Hi @r_weber,

Thank you for replying.

It seems called method seems to be massive, so I'll try to reduce that.

Can I use request naming to reduce that?

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/transactions-and-services/service-monito...

r_weber
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @Yoshi ,

request naming rules will impact the "grouping" of the requests not necessarily the amount of PurePaths created. You will get fewer buckets but these buckets will hold more PurePaths.

Can you maybe show a concrete example what you have instrumented and what the resulting PurePaths/Requests are? That would make it easier to help 🙂

kr

Certified Dynatrace Master, Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Yoshi
Frequent Guest

Hi @r_weber,

Regarding request naming, I understood the features.😊

As for an example, thank you for offering.

But I don't know whether it's ok to post here or not in terms of my company's security policy... So I'm going to create support ticket.

Thank you!

Featured Posts