Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see, why the update is pending?

jan_palic
Guide

Hi community.

I notice, that some host show

"Dynatrace OneAgent update pending"

after starting the apply of the automatically update for the OneAgent.

How is the best way to trigger the next try for the update or, better, how is the way to see, why it is still pending? I see the status for some days now.

Thank you in advance and best,
Jan

7 REPLIES 7

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

The only method I know how to figure this out was to look into Oneagent log files. I've always found the reason in the log file. Mostly it was just not enough free space available.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

@Julius L. Hi, may I know which log file (at which directory) is logging the oneagent update progress?

Hello @Woon Jia J.

Have a look on the below link.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/installation/setup-tips/where-can-i-find-oneagent-files-and-logs/

Regards,

Babar

I am interested to know the reason too. Everytime I try to update the hosts a few of them go to "Update Pending" state for a long time and I really don't know why, or how I can get them out of pending state. Can you at least advise which log file exactly we should look at? Because when I went to %PROGRAMDATA%\dynatrace\oneagent\log\installer , the log file hadn't even updated since 3 months ago!  

vladislav_samoy
Inactive

Yep. I have more than 560 agents connected and right now I have no clue why the half is updated and another half is in pending mode.

Maybe Dynatrace has some "push" or "skip" button for problem hosts, or at least to show such hosts

suresh230591
Mentor

We have the same issue, there are around 300 agents and more than 100 are not updated to latest version. It is tedious to look into log files of every hosts. Is there a way that dynatrace can give us the root cause for pending updates as well.

I hope there's an RFE for this. We're running into the same thing...

Featured Posts