cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible for two OneAgents to coexist on one host?

soportetr
Guide

Is it possible for two OneAgents to coexist on one host?

We have a customer that has Tenant A and a Tenant B was created for them.

The customer requires that the servers that are viewed on Tenant A, be viewed on Tenant B.

Is it possible to install a second agent on those servers, or is there an alternative to migrate all that data to the other tenant?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Two OneAgents on one host is not possible.

Antonio Sousa

I (and @MartijnA) wonder: on Linux (where suchs things are possible), what will happen if you install a second agent in another path. My hypothesis (not tested) is, that the 2nd install does not spot the 1st install nor its configuration, and will come a long way. It's the things like service (start) name configuration and watchdog part where things will become complicated.

Bottom line, kids do no try this at home 🙂

Kind regards, Frans Stekelenburg                 Certified Dynatrace Associate | measure.works, Dynatrace Partner

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @soportetr,

it's not possible to install two OneAgents on the same host, however, you can use oneagentctl 

and in your case, you will be using OneAgent communication settings

the following is an example:

Linux or AIX:
./oneagentctl --set-server=https://my-server.com:443 --set-tenant=abc123456 --set-tenant-token=abcdefg123456790 --set-network-zone=<network-zone> --set-host-group=<host-group> --restart-service

Windows:
.\oneagentctl.exe --set-server=https://my-server.com:443 --set-tenant=abc123456 --set-tenant-token=abcdefg123456790 --set-network-zone=<network-zone> --set-host-group=<host-group> --restart-service

note: you need to restart the monitored processes and based on a case that I have faced, I think it will be recommended to restart the server.

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

Hi,

I agree with @Mohamed_Hamdy last comment of restart of server. I too faced this; and recommend restarting the server. 

note: you need to restart the monitored processes and based on a case that I have faced, I think it will be recommended to restart the server.

Featured Posts