cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Is there any consequences on deleting environment in DT cluster

In the cluster that my company is running one environment was accidentally created. I was in charges to remove it but i'm wondering is the delation of this environmment will have consequences. Just for information we are using Dynatrace managed.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

No,you only loose the data in that environment.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

The 2nd impact is that you can't create any more environment with same identifier, and that the configuration objects remain in the database for auditing purposes.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

@Radoslaw S. there is a way to choose the identifier for an environment in Managed? Afaik a random UUID will be assigned. I think you can only choose the name. And it's possible to create a new environment with the same name as the deleted one, as they will have different environment IDs.

In fact it is possible, via internal REST API. But in general - you are right. I'm just sharing all impact.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

I was just curious since at some installations it would be convenient to have the environment ID of some desired value (probably not the UUID style)

You are talking about other (internal) API than the public Cluster API, right? Last time I checked the API it was even not possible to do anything regarding environments in a cluster.

Yes, the one I mentioned is not documented. Keep calm :), we are working on a new nice Environment REST API.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Another issue is that deleted environment means that agent has no endpoint to Connecticut to DT. We had situations that without uninstallation of such agents application wasn’t able to start

Regards, Sebastian

Featured Posts