cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMX Metric collection

sidneyl
Newcomer

Hi Guys

how do i turn on debugging for JMX metrics collection on dynatrace managed because i did create a JMX Plugin for Oracle weblogic domain.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

You cannot set any debug for JMX collection. Some information is written in the log of the agent (basically in the java directory of oneagent logs) since the JMX data collection happens in the monitored Java process itself.
But I agree it can be frustrating. Wait for Dynatrace Managed 1.162 (end of february) which should already have JMX Plugin Editor which is amazingly helpful.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

So how do i get the jdbc connection pool without creating a json plugin for weblogic domain?

You can't. I'm just saying it is much easier to create the plugin with the JMX Plugin editor as it will generate a proper plugin JSON file. You can browse real JMX MBeans and you can't make a typo in selecting MBeans and you can also validate those MBeans exists on monitored processes.

So any alternative of creating it because i created a json file and validated it with the monitored processes. The attribute and the domain are okay ,the plugin is detected by the processes but doesn't return the metrics specified on the plugin.

Yes, the debugging is limited at the moment anyway. I would try to connect to the process using jconsole or jmxterm to validate if those mbeans really do exist on the monitored processes first.

ok thanks.

Featured Posts