cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metrics & Services

saisandeep
Participant

Hi,

I ingested a custom metric and pinned it to dashboard, but it is not connected to any services/application in my environment. So now I want to connect this metric to any one of my services. How can I connect this metric to any one of my services.

ThankYou.

4 REPLIES 4

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @saisandeep,

I think you should specify the scope/entities during creating/ingesting the metrics and if you didn't specify the scope then it will work with any entity that is detected and is eligible for this metric based on the default parameters, as for the data explorer you can filter with the needed/available entities, or link the tile to a specific management zone.

if you need more support, you can provide more details such as the way you are using to ingest the metrics, whether are you using the API v1 or v2, ...etc.

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

Hi @Mohamed_Hamdy ,

We used API v2 by giving metric name, metric value

saisandeep_0-1684822679486.pngsaisandeep_1-1684822697276.png

Hi @saisandeep,

then you can add the required entity as a dimension, for instance, you can use dt.entity.host, dt.entity.service, ..etc.

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

Viachaslau
Advisor

You need to ingest also as dimension you entity id like: host id or service id

Featured Posts