cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Assembly Error

gokulb1988
Participant

I am trying to integrate Dynatrace to Xamarin forms project and facing issue. I added the latest Dynatrace.OneAgent.Xamarin nuget package to PCL. While trying to setup http client, I am getting a missing assembly error. Please note that the package has already been included and still facing the issue. Please find below the details

Platform : Xamarin Forms App

Library Type : PCL (.NET Framework 4.5)

Dynatrace NuGet Package Version : 7.2.3

IDE : Visual Studio for Mac

Error : Error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Dynatrace' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Please find below the Build Output log

Target ResolveAssemblyReferences:
    A TargetFramework profile exclusion list will be generated.
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.0.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2126,5): warning MSB3274: The primary reference "Dynatrace.OneAgent.Forms" could not be resolved because it was built against the ".NETPortable,Version=v5.0" framework. This is a higher version than the currently targeted framework ".NETPortable,Version=v4.5,Profile=Profile111".

10 REPLIES 10

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Did you follow all steps mentioned here?

https://www.nuget.org/packages/Dynatrace.OneAgent.Xamarin

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

gokulb1988
Participant

Yes. All the steps were followed. I doubt the compatibility of the package with PCL targeted to .NET Framework 4.5. Any thoughts?

Try opening support case, I didn't have such issues before so I can only gues how to help you 😞

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Thank you, Sebastian

Hi Sebastian, Looking for outputs from your side on a different issue. Is there a way we can turn off the dynatrace component in the mobile application based on condition? TIA

If you will do manual instrumentation you can make condition to initialize agent or not. But not for auto instrumentation I think.

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Manual Instrumentation can be done only for PCL service calls right? I suppose all the native actions are handled by auto instrumentation. In that case, we can control only service calls being monitored. Please correct me if I am wrong.

In your experience with using Dynatrace, did you come across any perfomance issues due to the auto instrumentation. Auto instrumentation is implemented by adding additional logs and senting it back to server. Just curious to know. TIA

About auto instrumentation in Xamarin, I'm not sure. In general you are able to use manual instrumentation but according to what I see indeed it's something complementary to auto instrumentation. But maybe somebody will confirm it.

About impact, dynatrace for mobile application is not instrumenting them the same way as backend apps. In general only user clicks are recorded to local DB + info about errors and WebRequests. All those data are then sent async to Dynatrace in small data chuncks. I'm working with dynatrace and appmon couple of years, I've never faced impakt of instrumentation in mobile apps. Worth to admit that we are monitoring this way some banks applications without any issues.

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Thank you, Sebastian. I tried opening a support case for the question. There were few queries from the team to which I answered. Now, I am unable to view or login to jira. Looks like the team has deactivated my account in jira. I am in trial mode now. Any idea why this would have happened?

You're talking about Dynatrace Jira? No I don't know how access is handled there. This is rather question to someone from DT @Wolfgang B.?

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Featured Posts